[freshports-coders] FreshPorts & AWS - trimming excess services

Alex Samorukov samm at freebsd.org
Fri Jan 22 11:21:46 UTC 2021

Hi Dan,

I am agree with what Ihor told but also would highly recommend to use
infrastructure as a code approach.

I am personally preferring Terraform, but there are other options (CF,
CDK) too.

Some of the benefits its giving to you:

1. Ability to get infra in repeatable manner and audit it before pushing
anything to prod.

2. Ability to re-create infra anytime within just a seconds

3. Auditing of changes using git

4. Ability to create and destroy staging anytime.

I am happy to help to re-create everything you have in a code way,but as
Ihor told, we will need either r/o access or at least set of requirments
to the infra you want to build. In this case it will look like a set of
objects (modules) for VPC, EC2, RDS and everything else needed. We can
have an IRC chat or call to discuss requirements, build diagram and
codify it.

Some references:

[1] https://www.terraform.io/ - Terraform website

[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrastructure_as_code